THE NZFIN NAVIGATOR
Event Date: 6 Aug 2020
Join us for an informal and hands-on workshop aimed at demystifying the new product development process. You’ll leave with tools and tips to apply in your own business and an understanding of market validation, creating a new food product and the essence of the product development process.
When: Thursday 6 August 2020
Time: 9.00am – 3.00pm
Where: Hawke’s Bay Business Hub, 36 Bridge Street, Ahuriri, Napier
Cost: $180 +GST per person
You may also be eligible for Regional Business Partners Capability Development vouchers which may cover up-to half of your course cost. You must already be operating as a business and be GST registered. Other conditions apply. Please contact your local Regional Business Partner for more information on eligibility.
The course will cover:
- Market validation
- Who and where are your potential customers?
- What is important to them?
- How much are they prepared to pay?
- Creating a new food product
- How and where can you make a new product?
- Determining costs and understanding pricing
- Understanding the basics of food safety and labelling
- Future-proofing – risks, planning for scale, planning for line-extensions
- Intellectual property planning and protection
- The essence of the product development process
- Questions to be asked each step of the way
- Resources and support available
The day will conclude with a case-study and an informal discussion/Q&A session.
This course is suitable for:
Brand Managers, Marketers, Product & Packaging Technologists, and those in sustainability guiding roles.
Facilitated by our team of experts including:
Nicky Solomon – Business Development Manager, NZ Food Innovation Network
Julian Dirks – Eftech Food Technology Consultant
Simon Taylor – Fresh Perspective Insights
Brought to you by:
Business Hawke’s Bay and NZ Food Innovation Network