Event Date: 28 Aug 2019
This free eight-week mentoring programme supports fledgling businesses working towards improving NZ’s food systems. This may be through focusing on local, seasonal or organic produce, or incorporating social and environmental good into
their business model.
Applications close on Wednesday 28 August.
We are looking for:
- A product or service that is local, seasonal, healthy, tasty, culturally connected or organic – and made by you.
- A vision for the future of your business and New Zealand food.
- Commitment and time!
- A base in or around the Greater Wellington region (out to Horowhenua)
The Good Food Boost is free to enter!
The mentors are:
- Matt Morrison – Co-Founder of All Good and Karma Cola
- Kelda Hains – Restaurateur for Rita
- Teva Stewart – Merchandise Manager, Commonsense
- Matt West – Partner & Business Director at EightyOne
The judges are:
- Beth Brash – Visa Wellington on a Plate
- Councillor Nicola Young – Wellington City Council
- Nicky Solomon – Business Development Manager, Food Innovation Network
- Eight weeks mentoring
- One on one mentoring session with Wellington NZ (WREDA) on business growth
- Visit to NZ Food Innovation Network’s FoodPilot and FoodBowl, including a guided tour and 1 hour session.
Applications close at midnight on 28 August.
For further information contact Laurie Foon, email@example.com, 021 741 515.
The Good Food Boost is part of the Sustainable Food Initiative by the Wellington City Council. It’s all about strengthening council and community efforts to increase food sustainability and resilience in Wellington.